New details about cancelled sequel to ZombiU surface [RUMOR]
ZombiU is one of the most unique exclusives to ever grace a home console and for many, it became the primary reason to become an early adopter of the Wii U. Despite that, flagging sales of the Wii U led Ubisoft to consider the ZombiU experiment a failure, as the game didn’t sell quite as many copies as they hoped.
According to an insider close to the company, ZombiU 2 was briefly in development after the release of ZombiU in 2012. The team had around 5 to 10 members at the beginning of 2013 and it differed in scope to the first game. Here are the details we know about the now cancelled project.
- ZombiU 2 was in development for a short period back in early 2013
- Roughly 5-10 staffers worked on the project
- The game never left pre-production
- It didn’t take long for the game to be cancelled
- Explore a “run-down, zombie apocalypse setting”
- Would have featured co-op
- One player would control the GamePad, while the other would use the Pro Controller
- Players would get split up via multiple routes at points during the campaign
- This co-op would be local only
- More melee weapons were another desire of the team
The addition of co-op and the ability to explore a zombie-infested apocalyptic world is certainly interesting and we would have loved to see more from the team that put the first game together. Unfortunately we know how that went, especially with Ubisoft’s later releases on the Wii U.
Does the setup for ZombiU 2 interest you at all? Did you play the first game?
Source: Wii U Daily